There are several ways to make money as a Kindle author:
- Publishing and Selling E-books: Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) platform allows authors to self-publish and sell their e-books on the Kindle store. You can earn a royalty of up to 70% on the list price of your book, depending on factors such as the book’s price and location.
- Kindle Unlimited: You can also enroll your e-book in Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited program, which allows readers to read your book for free with a subscription fee. You’ll earn a share of the KDP Select Global Fund based on how many pages of your book are read by Kindle Unlimited subscribers.
- Amazon Associates Program: You can also sign up for the Amazon Associates Program, which allows you to earn a commission on purchases made through Amazon links in your book. You can add affiliate links to your book and earn a percentage of any sales made through those links.
- Print-on-Demand: Amazon also offers a print-on-demand service called Kindle Direct Publishing Paperback, which allows you to publish and sell paperback books. You can earn a royalty of up to 60% on the list price of your book.
- Audiobooks: Amazon also has an audiobook publishing service called ACX. You can narrate your own audiobook or hire a narrator and sell it on Audible, Amazon, and iTunes. You can earn a royalty of up to 40% on the list price of your audiobook.
Keep in mind that making money as a Kindle author requires hard work, dedication, and consistent effort. You’ll need to write a great book, market it effectively, and continue to produce new content to keep your readers engaged.